1 cup of flour (8 oz.)
1/2 cup of softened butter (4 oz.)
1/2 cup sugar (4 oz.)
1/2 teaspoon of grated lemon peel
2 small eggs
Preheat oven to 325°F.
1. Generously butter the cookie pans
2. In a medium bowl: a. Beat the eggs with the sugar b. Add the grated lemon peel and flour
3. Fill each star with batter
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are golden brown. Be careful not to overbake
5. Let the stars cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes, and then carefully remove them from the pan
6. Garnish to your liking
7. Leave them as stars or stack them on the skewers and create a Tannenbaum (starting with the largest star, ending with the smallest).
Prep Time: 10 min.
Bake Time: 15 min.
Ready in: 30 min.
Yield: 14 star shaped cookies or 2 Tannenbaums
TIP: add ¼ teaspoon cinnamon for the holiday mood