- 2 cups white sugar (16 oz.)
- 1 package (3 oz.) strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1 cup butter, softened (8 oz.)
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour (18 oz.)
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature (8 oz.)
- 1/2 cup strawberry puree made from frozen sweetened strawberries (4 oz.)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Slightly grease and flour form
2. In a large bowl: a. cream together the butter, sugar and dry strawberry gelatin until light and fluffy b. beat in eggs one at a time and mix well after each one c. Combine the flour and baking powder and stir into the batter alternately with the milk d. blend in vanilla and strawberry puree
3. Spread batter evenly in the form
4. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a small knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean
5. Remove Cake from oven and chill for at least 10 min.
6. Garnish the cake to your liking
Prep Time: 30 min.
Bake Time: 45 min.
Ready in: 85 min.
Yield: 12 servings