05 Jun Potato Cakes
Posted at 09:57h in Recipes
- 1 lb. potatoes, peeled (we like Yukon Gold)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- Optional: Sour cream and smoked salmon or (yes!) apple sauce.
- With the Küchenprofi Shredder set at an angle on a cutting board, shred the potatoes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded potatoes with the eggs, green onions, and salt. Then add the flour to combine.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet to medium-high (we’re partial to our Woll® and Black Cube™!).
- Spoon 1/3 cup of the mix into the pan and flatten it slightly. Repeat 3 times to bake the first 4 cakes.
- Cook about 5 minutes per side, until browned and crisp. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Repeat steps 3-5 with the remaining half of the potato mix to bake the second batch of 8 cakes.
- Serve as is or top with smoked salmon and sour cream (great for brunch!), or in the German tradition with apple sauce.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Yield: Serves 4 (2 cakes per person).