Works of art deserve the proper canvas. Display your edible masterpiece on porcelain worthy of your creation!
Seltmann, fine German porcelain, brings a standard to the industry that is rarely seen elsewhere. We have compiled a list of the Top 20 reasons to purchase Seltmann China, but for now let”s touch on a few that will solve some major problems in the industry.
First is consistency of shape and color. Due to Seltmann”s control of the manufacturing process and the quality of raw materials, they have the unique ability to guarantee that the shape, size, and color of each plate will be the same no matter from which batch it originates. What does their meticulous eye for detail mean to you? No more re-ordering plate covers because your “new” plates do not fit and no more mismatched dishes.
Second, Seltmann plates are ranked higher than metal on the Mohs scale. What this means for you? No more unsightly grey marks on your plates. Those grey marks on other brands, that will not come off, are caused by the metal residue that gets left behind in the scratches in the glaze.
To read more about the advantages of this unique line of fine porcelain, click here.
March 2014 - Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tsp. milk
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs. hazelnut chocolate spread
- In a small bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Whisk in the milk and vegetable oil until all ingredients are combined and batter has no clumps.
- Pour batter into 2 microwave-safe Seltmann 8 oz mugs.
- Add 1 tbsp. of spread into the middle of the batter, no need to push it down. It will sink on its own.
- Place a paper towel in the microwave and set your mugs on top just in case your cake should overflow.
- Microwave the mug cake for 60-70 seconds or until done. Be careful not to overcook the cake as microwave mug cakes can become spongy if overcooked.
- Remove from microwave, allow to cool and enjoy with an optional scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Makes 2 servings.
Recipe by: Brianna N. Eason