29 Aug 7″ Springform: Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (10 oz.)
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 5 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 8 oz. packages of (Philly) cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup + 3 Tbsp. sugar (5.5 oz.)
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream (room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. In a medium bowl mix: graham craker crumbs, sugar and butter
2. Press mix into slightly greased springform (bottom and up sides about 1/2 inch)
3. Bake crust for 10 min. and set aside
4. In a large bowl: a. Beat cream cheese until smooth (approx. 30 – 60 seconds) b. Gradually add sugar and beat until smooth and creamy c. Beat in 1 egg at a time d. Pour batter into springform and smooth top
5. Place springform in center of preheated oven
6. Bake in the center of oven at 350°F for 45 – 50 minutes. Center will be soft, but will firm up when chilled. Do not over-bake. Leave cake in oven with the heat turned off and the door ajar for 60 minutes. Remove cake from oven and chill for at least 3 hours.
Flavored Whipped Cream:
Just before serving: Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form, then beat in confectioner’s sugar and 2 tablespoons liqueur. Top the cake with mounds of flavored whipped cream and garnish to your liking.
Prep Time: 30 min.
Bake Time: 50 min.
Ready in: 5 hours 20 min.
Yield: 16 servings
Tip: Best if chilled for 6 hours (made the day before serving)